IRCTC has decided to prevent malpractices of Tatkal booking system. For that some fresh guidelines were issued by our Indian Railways to stop the unethical practices/misuse of the ticketing system. The ticketing system has been facing various problems for motto to provide better services to travelers. Nearly 2 crore people travel by Indian Railways every day.
Railways are changed their security system for those who are travelling without tickets and fake tickets. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) now decided to put barcodes on every ticket. The barcodes will be designed by IRCTC’s website. This will be help to prevent the misuse of tickets/ fake tickets. Under this system the passenger doesn’t get refundable money if they cancel the tickets which are confirmed before.
Passengers will be getting a refund in some exceptional cases only, such as follows:
- Whenever the train has been departure by more than 3 hours after as scheduled time.
- If the train is to run on a diverted route
In both situations, a refund of train fare and Tatkal charges on confirmed tickets will be returned.
The new guidelines are recently issued by the Minister of State of Railways Rajen Gohain in Lok Sabha. The travellers can allow booking the tickets through IRCTC portal.
New Rules of Tatkal Booking System 2018:
- A single user can book 6 tickets in a month from their User ID.
- A passenger can book 12 tickets in a month if his/her Aadhaar is verified.
- The booking system opens at 8am and closes at 12 noon.
- A person can only book 2 tickets in between 8 am to 10am.
- One user can have only one log-in session at a time.
- A Captcha is available at login area.
- Passenger details and payment will be done through online.
- In addition, a security question will be asked at the time of login
- For ticket booking some agents are available at 8am-8.30am, 10am-10.30am and 11am-11.30am.
- The passenger has to fill up the details in within 25 seconds of time only
- Captcha will be enter in 5 seconds only
- Payment have to done in just 10 seconds only
- One-time password (OTP) system has been made mandatory for payments through Net banking for all banks and users.
- Travellers can book the Tatkal tickets a day before the travel.
- Online berth reservation starts at 10 am for air-conditioned (AC) coaches and at 11 am for sleeper bogies.
The TTE machines are given to the TC while checking the tickets. These machines will connect to the railway server and used to read the barcode on the train ticket. Then the details of the train ticket will be automatically uploaded. Through this system, all the malpractices would be prevented permanently by IRCTC authority.