Aadhaar link with your Mobile is made mandatory by Govt. and it should be done by 31st March 2018. So far the only way to do that was to visit your Mobile Network center/Company Showroom and get it done through Fingerprint Scanner. If you have already done that good for you, but if you haven’t then there is a much simpler way released by Govt. to get it done.
As of today, the following processes are there to Link Aadhar card and Mobile Number from Home.
1. IVRS Process
2. App Process
3. One Time Password(OTP) Process
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) had in a communication dated November 30, 2017 directed access service providers to allocate short code 14546 for the IVRS-based OTP authentication process for Aadhaar re-verification of mobile subscribers. March 31, 2018 is the deadline set by the Supreme Court for linking of Aadhaar with the mobile phone number.
Telecom Department has now come up with the user-friendly process to link up Aadhar with Mobile Number. Mobile Subscribers can now verify their mobile number and link them with their 12 digit UID of Aadhaar card from anywhere in the country. Telecom Companies are offering verification services at doorsteps for Senior Citizens and other disabled persons.
Link Aadhaar Card with your Mobile using 14546 toll-free number from Home
#DigitalIdentity service made easy | @UIDAI (Aadhaar) has issued directives for generating OTP either through the service provider’s website or through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services to facilitate the linking, also known as re-verification. pic.twitter.com/RWuovxnOt3
— Digital India (@_DigitalIndia) January 2, 2018
- Use your mobile and dial 14546, this is a toll free number and it’s a IVR service.
- Once connected, you need to accept your consent to link your Aadhaar with your mobile.
- Once you give your consent, type in your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- You need to give consent to get important details like your address, date of birth, your name etc so that it can be linked with your Mobile.
- After the process is completed, you will get an OTP via SMS and upon confirming, the process will be completed.
- Do note it will take up to 48 hours to formally complete the process at the back-end.